Friday, January 30, 2009

A Pajama Day

Well, it's done.
I had my laparoscopic cholecystectomy yesterday. At 11:00, it felt strange to walk into the operating room, rather than rolling in on a stretcher. After several minutes of rather painful searching for a vein in my left hand for the IV, they successfully inserted into the right and 30 seconds later I was out. I wakened around 1:45 and went home at 3.
It hurts to cough, and I need to cough because apparently they also inserted a tube down my throat to keep my airways clear. My voice is rather on the hoarse side.
The four incisions are tender, and lying on either side is uncomfortable, but a good supply of Tylenol 3's take care of that. The doctor had said that some people go to work the day after surgery of this kind, but he didn't recommend it - and neither do I!
John finally got a call to go to work this week -wouldn't you know it -leaving on Thursday. He didn't leave until I was home, though.
And I'm having a relaxing-do-what-I-feel-like kind of day - I haven't spent all day in pj's in a long time! Although I am up to providing simple meals like oatmeal porridge and tea and toast and canned soup, Mom G. has brought over a couple of meals, and some pink carnations.
So I do feel kinda spoiled with it all.

2 comments:

Emily and Martin said...

Sounds like Grandma is taking good care of you! We hope that you mend quickly. Take care of yourself.
Lots of love Martin and Emily

Boeffie, Mei Mei, Gwenda and Laurisse said...

Glad you have that behind you! Hope your recovery is quick.
Take care!