Friday, January 22, 2010

Challenges!

The last two weeks have simply flown by in busy-ness, and challenges in learning and teaching new things!
Last week's plans for work changed dramatically when I found there was to be no orientation class to teach after all. But a new project of training a few drivers on electronic logs did begin! And what a challenge that is, when they dig in their heels in objections. I don't normally get headaches when I do what I enjoy, but today was another story. When a co-worker said she had some Advil, I didn't refuse it!
Last Saturday, I attended an all-day Scrap-Fest, hoping to get several layouts completed. A few were done, in between workshops on learning how to make cards, and more.
John flew out to Dartmouth a few days after we drove home from there - this time to help Martin with the house on Cottage Lane. He arrived home again last night, but he had to fit his flight in with my schedule! I love you, John, but I must admit I enjoyed taking care of just me with my full days. :) Actually, it's good to have him home; it's hard to sleep when you have chilly feet!!
Tomorrow will be a first in a very long time - I'm leading a workshop at church. There will be about 15 people 'discovering their gifts'. I've even put together a power-point as a teaching aid as I tried to absorb the necessary information to impart!
Yesterday, I discovered why we wear coats in the winter: it's cold out there! There was a fire alarm at work, not a drill. All except 3 people were able to grab their coats before going out into the colder-day-than-the-mild-weather-we-ve-had-lately-kind-of-day. I was one of them. I was too far away from my room when the alarm went, and of course, you're not supposed to go somewhere that's been evacuated, etc.... Turned out that a water pipe had burst in the warehouse, causing the alarm to go off. We were permitted to go indoors about 10 minutes later, but did have to listen to several more minutes of alarm before they were able to shut the water off.
All in all, the last weeks are showing me I'm either still young enough to tackle new things, or I'm not too old for challenges. Well, really, you're not supposed to stop learning and doing. Just wish it didn't all have to happen at the same time....

No comments: