It's been a long time since I last posted, but really there isn't much to tell. It's the middle of the winter, after all....
Mom spent Valentine's weekend with us, after a couple of weeks of the home being locked down so that no-one could leave or come in. That's got to be hard on anybody, let alone the elderly.
Working four days a week, with some of them as very long days, took its toll when I came down with a cold halfway through the month. My voice, especially, felt the effects as I've done a lot of teaching!
John decided to be done with driving for a living. His boss has the last two big trucks up for sale, and asked John to use his pick-up for hauling again. But the pick-up needs a lot of work to get it up to top form again, and we can't afford a new vehicle, and the work isn't guaranteed, so he's gladly saying good-bye to the road.
But that does mean no more trips to Dartmouth in the truck! We'll have to work that out another way....
It's also been somewhat of an adjustment having a husband home every day. I get to cook more often, which is probably a good thing, but the down side of that is that I'm tired when I get home at 5-6pm....
And speaking of vehicles - my car decided to stall the other day and refuses to start again. The upside of that is?
Some of the brighter notes of the last weeks include newly-fallen snow, but the down side of that is the slogginess of the driveway, and a very low battery in the camera when I wanted to take pictures of the snow on the trees.
Other bright notes include watching and playing with the little ones - and that doesn't happen often enough. Busyness topped with an hour's drive is the poor excuse!
We were there yesterday; the guys finished off a couple more shuffle boards, one of which is going in the auction at the school bazaar next week; while I attempted to ease the care/supervision/playing of the girls for Katrina (she went out with her friends Friday night!). Petra decided she needed a haircut, so Oma had the honour of cutting her beautiful tresses a couple of inches shorter. Looks cute. (And Katrina has the pictures.)
The month of March will bring more activity: I've set a goal of finishing Maria's first scrapbook before the family comes during March break! We'll have a houseful at the end of that week; it's too bad that Michael can't just hop home for a bit - he is missed!
No comments:
Post a Comment