Not exactly Mother's Day foods - but they served the purpose! Favourite foods make for comfort, and comfort is home, and home is where the heart is.
Stevin and Katrina and the girls were over on Saturday to dig up some trees - in the rain and mud! But the girls had their usual grand time indoors: playing on the stairs, reading, tackling Oma....
Sunday after church, I warmed up some store-prepared soup and buns to go with our coffee/lunch with Mom T. and Dad and Mom G.
But what made the weekend special were the heartfelt expressions of love. I enjoy watching the girls making themselves right at home with Oma's things. Even Rachel got into the fun when she discovered the shelf with the dish-cloths!
I did get this cute picture of her so that I can update my wall of grand-kids...
I love each one of you! There are many things I wish I had done, or things I could do, but I am proud of each one of my 4 + 3 + 5 and a half children. I must have done something right, because each one of you is so special! I thank God for giving you to me. You continue to bless me with all that you are, and I pray that God will continue to bless you wherever you are.
1 comment:
you made me tear up....We love you too mom.
Emily
Post a Comment