Friday, July 2, 2010

Summertime!!

The heat and a bit of dry weather has finally arrived; it's really summer out there! Hurray!
Not sure what to write about, because life goes on whether it's summer or not!
The girls' flower-girl dresses turned out very lovely, even if I say so myself. In fact, another princess would really like to have one, too! I was hoping to get to the sewing machine again before we leave for Dartmouth, but I'm not sure that's going to happen. My list of things to do seems to have doubled in the last two weeks. I'll have to take fabric along and maybe use Emily's machine....
And yesterday, the list grew longer when I had to give John a helping hand with the brakes for the pick-up, and he also asked for the inside of the truck to get cleaned up for the trip. Ok. Afterward, while he napped, I went around with the trimmer and wondered if there would be time to weed the flower beds.
John's done battle with pneumonia the last few weeks. The round of antibiotic is completed, and the cough isn't as bad, so we're hoping he's on top of it. It's taken its toll on him, though.
I was asked to pull the decorating scheme together for VBS as I can't help this year during that week; the painting of the bright and bold pictures were begun this past week. Even though it's another thing to do, it's kind of fun to paint like you're in grade school! Next week, I hope to put in a few more hours with it, especially in trying to mix colours to get the right shades and amounts of green and brown.
Gardening and lawn care, baking, laundry, house-cleaning, all these jobs don't go away just 'cause it's summer. They just take longer now when breaks include time on the patio!
David and Stephanie are coming here this weekend, instead of us going there, and I hope it's nice enough for a relaxing breakfast on the patio! Other meals, too, of course. But we know it's truly summer when you can step outdoors for breakfast already!

No comments: