It's finished! At last!
Last winter, when I asked about making quilts for the girls, Katrina suggested that I make one for Rachel first. OK! When I asked Rachel what her favourite colour was, she said orange. Oh dear. You see, orange isn't always an easy colour to work with. Well, I kept my eyes open (of course!) whenever in a quilt store, and one day I saw them. And bought them. When all was said and bought, there were several shades of soft orange prints, a solid yellow, a red print, and a blue print to pull it all together. Normally, one has a pattern in mind and then the fabric purchases follow. I did it the other way around, but I did know I wanted to do something with pinwheels.
Last winter, when I asked about making quilts for the girls, Katrina suggested that I make one for Rachel first. OK! When I asked Rachel what her favourite colour was, she said orange. Oh dear. You see, orange isn't always an easy colour to work with. Well, I kept my eyes open (of course!) whenever in a quilt store, and one day I saw them. And bought them. When all was said and bought, there were several shades of soft orange prints, a solid yellow, a red print, and a blue print to pull it all together. Normally, one has a pattern in mind and then the fabric purchases follow. I did it the other way around, but I did know I wanted to do something with pinwheels.
And so it's done: Rachel's Happy Days (and Nights) Quilt, in the Dutchman's Puzzle pattern. I am so pleased with how it turned out, and greatly encouraged to keep up with this all-encompassing hobby.... and I think Rachel is rather pleased as well!
Thanksgiving weekend was spent doing various tasks around here, but on Sunday, Stevin and Katrina and the kids came over for the day. The leaves on the ground were plentiful, and dry, so raking was easy. Amazing what happens when someone throws the first handfuls....
I am very thankful for each one of my kids, and each one of my kidlets. My heart is so full with love and pride and appreciation. God has made each one so uniquely special.
I am thankful for my husband, who completes me - and lets me mess up the kitchen table with fabric, as long as there's room for his dinner plate! I love you, hon!
God is good - all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment