Saturday, November 8, 2008

a different kind of day -

While John and Mark worked all day on getting the heat on at Dad and Mom's, I took it easy. Which is strange for me. Typically on a Saturday, I would be doing some laundry, some baking maybe, yardwork, maybe some housework, etc. - I don't usually have much sitting down time.
Today - I checked out several things on the net, managed to do a couple of loads of laundry, and did some knitting. I finished the afternoon with Shannon. She had come along with her Dad and spent most of the day with Grandma. They made a dollhouse out of a box and they baked some carrot muffins.This afternoon, she watched some of the Heffalump movie on our tv, played around with some of the toys here, and then we did some arts and crafts. And when that was done, we sang and danced to an old LP record of Kid's Praise with Psalty the song book. The song Heaven is a Wonderful Place especially makes the feet want to move! I find that I really enjoy the kitchen island -it's great for dancing around on our slidy floor!

No comments: