Monday, February 16, 2009

Cousins on the Ice

The days and evenings since surgery have been extraordinarily busy! John has started going to Indiana again, and between working at Kriska and church activities, I have been putting in some very long days. I'm seeing signs in me that I need some down time.
We were looking forward to a relaxing family weekend when we heard that David and Stephanie were planning to come, and Stevin and Katrina and the girls planned to come some time, too. But when we heard that Mom G. wanted family over, too, I must admit I stayed in high gear instead of moving into a lower gear.
But as you can see by the pictures, Sunday afternoon at the lake was a good thing! If you've read David and Stephanie's blog, you know that John and David spent some time on Saturday preparing a skating surface for the younger kids to enjoy. Take a good look at the pictures - you'll see that the older kids had just as much fun!!

Naomi is just beginning to discover the world of skates, so she got a little help from Daddy.
But she quickly discovered that Josina's nifty contraption allowed her to move along very nicely!

Resting at the feet of her Opa gave Naomi the chance to watch how the others do it!

What's a winter day with boy cousins without hockey?

David made sure Hadiya was included in some swinging time, too!


Who needs a fancy rink or arena, when a sunny day on a frozen lake and a couple pairs of boots for nets will do just as well or even better! These cousins know how to have winter fun!

No comments: