My birthday weekend started off well:
On Thursday, I had a tooth pulled. It was abscessed and deemed not worth the saving. It hurt. On Friday, John and I hung around the hospital all day so that he could be defibrillated. It finally happened late that afternoon - but to no avail. They tried 3 times, but nothing happened. It was decided to put him on an i.v. with a particular medication which would take 24 hours. So that meant he would stay overnight and well into Saturday.
On Saturday, I worked in my garden; Stevin and Katrina picked up my Mom and came for the afternoon. The doctor made another attempt with defibrillating John's heart in the afternoon, but again to no avail, so he came home in time for supper.
On Sunday, my birthday, I gave the children's message in church, enjoyed a birthday cake made by Mom G., and brought Mom T. home to Ottawa again.
In between, I enjoyed the sunshine and my flowers - which include Naomi and Petra, of course! And Maria gave lots of smiles on Skype!
Katrina and I had a good chuckle on Saturday afternoon: we saw Petra trying to do something with the dandelion seed-heads. She walked over to a seed-head, crouched over it to touch it with her bum, and then went on to the next one, repeated the touching, and then on to the next one. It was quite comical to watch and of course the camera was too far. But what on earth was going through her mind?? Why did she think she needed to touch each seed-head with her bum?
I've posted a couple of pictures of the Mata Hari tulips. They're very pretty. As the buds began to colour and to open, they were creamy yellow in colour, with just a hint of pink around the very edge of each petal.
2 comments:
Your tulips look good to me, Mom! Can you remind me next year to take Steph to the tulip festival? You'd be a big help!
I'm making a note on the December page of the calendar to check the dates for the festival, so that they can be written in on the new calendar when it arrives! Count on coming here any weekend in May ....
Post a Comment