I am discovering that gardening has its perils for me. Over the weekend, I worked up a fever and went to the doctor Monday - to find out that I have cellulitis in my right big toe. The staph bacteria exists everywhere, and I guess I must have had bare feet at some time last week while out in the garden.
Last year I had something get me, too, with severe rash and itching, which eventually cleared up on its own.
And the year before! I thought it was poison ivy, but maybe there was something else.....
And I often get itchy hands when working in the spring garden.
Cellulitis can only be cleared up by antibiotics, though, so I am now taking a strong dose of it.
John said that I should stop gardening - is it possible? I think I'll be wearing clean socks and shoes every day I go out, instead. And gloves.
1 comment:
Well, we hope your starting to feel better! And we're looking forward to seeing you this weekend!
Post a Comment