I finally moved my herbs and spices into glass jars. The old glass bottles were of various sizes and had labels that were fading a lot; some of the bottles were -um- about 38 years old! The other containers were Tupperware plastic ones, and they were getting so sticky on the outside that they were not a delight to pick up to use. And, no, they wouldn't scrub clean anymore, either. So last fall, I bought glass jars in two sizes from Benson's Bee Supply -intending to make some fancy labels and make my collection look more up to date. But I needed A Round Tuit...
Well, today was the day. But the fancy labels did not materialize. I got quite basic instead.
I had picked up some glass etching cream from Michael's (the craft store!) last winter, and used that today to etch a simple rectangle on the jars, and then simply printed the name of the spice or herb by hand, in capital letters, on that space.
Neat. Clean. Another project done!
Next...?
2 comments:
We're curious about your grammar over here... Is "a round tuit" a way of saying you needed to get around to it? or is it actually supposed to be an object/tool - as per the grammar used?
It sounds like a good project though...
Well, yes, it was a good project that I finally got around to! I've actually seen a round tuit! It's a circle usually made of paper, looks like a coin, and has the words "round tuit" printed around the inside of the circumference. I've also seen the words printed straight across it - guess it's the manufacturer's choice as to how creative s/he wants to be!!
Post a Comment