Do I dare hope that there will be no chemotherapy?
Yesterday, I met with Dr. Davison, my surgeon, for the pathology results of the second surgery: some DCIS's were found but the margins this time are good - and clear!
(However, I am on an antibiotic to stave off any infection that might be present: the incision is not healing as quickly as it should because of the scar tissue that's already there. I had a major "leak" last week from a small opening along the incision line, and a small leak again on Sunday morning. Thursday's leak happened while there was no hydro=no water for a shower until the generator was hooked up appropriately!)
This morning, Dr. Mates, the medical oncologist, left a message while I was out:
the result of the testing that she had sent out indicates that I do not need the echocardiogram tomorrow! Because chemotherapy can do a number on the heart, the purpose of the echogram was to make sure the heart is functioning well enough.
(Another however: I doubt she has the results of last week's bone and cat scans.)
Hoping and waiting - and the waiting period feels that much longer now! We'll be meeting with Dr. Mates and Dr. Thain on the 23rd.
1 comment:
That would be great!
Wishing you all the best.
Post a Comment